Chocolate Black Flavor

I have a complaint regarding the taste of the chocolate Huel powder. This flavor is absolutely atrocious and hard to get down. Trust me when I tell you that I can literally eat dog shit and not bat an eye. This stuff is rough. People on Facebook, including the employees of Huel are telling me to add stuff to it and experiment. I’m not looking to experiment. I should be able to mix this stuff up and enjoy it. I was looking for something other than protein shakes that would add a little more nutrition to my diet. As I’m sure you’re all aware the standard protein shake is far more flavorful than the Huel chocolate shake. The vanilla is bearable, but the chocolate is God awful. And the vanilla shouldn’t be just bearable, it should be amazing. This product isn’t cheap and I expect excellence.

Well I mean I should be able to cook up a plate of steamed broccoli and enjoy, but I don’t. We all have different taste buds, and it’s not easy to invent a product that everyone is going to enjoy. Have you tried Huel 3.0? It contains a little less protein, but still a fair amount.

Huel has many ingredients including vitamins and minerals. It’s expected that it’s not going to taste as “delicious” as say a piece of chocolate cake. I’d take the Huel over broccoli any day :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

I think your comment proves the fact that everyone tastes things differently. I CAN’T STAND :face_vomiting: the flavor of the new Huel v3.0 Chocolate! (v1.1 was great!). I got rid of the v3.0 and switched to Huel Black Edition Chocolate which I LOVE!! :heart:

2 Likes

I’m on the fence between the flavors. I do think I prefer v1.1 though. I was curious as to whether they would prefer 3.0 over Black Edition. It is my understanding that only old members can order v1.1.

I’ve only had Huel Black edition (vanilla) once, just yesterday. I can’t say I enjoyed it too much compared to 3.0, though I’m looking forward to having it again today to see how it goes.

At the end of the day, I am reaching my nutritional goals, all without having to chew unpleasant food. That’s what’s most important to me.

1 Like

I haven’t had Chocolate 3.0, but did not like Chocolate 1.1 at all. I LOVE Chocolate Black edition.

2 Likes

I think v1.1 is available to anyone while supplies last. Check out this URL:

2 Likes

They just must have misleading info. The sub page says we can still order v1.1 as long as we use to be subscribed to it. Or it’s just the wording that is throwing me off.

If you have previously purchased Original v1.1 you will be able to continue selecting this flavor below.

I’m mixing the chocolate in a little bit at a time with the vanilla to just get rid of it. Lol

We all have different tastes. Lmao If you lived on Long Island I’d gladly dump it off on you. Lol

Buddy, everyone’s free to their own opinion regarding the taste of Huel, but if you can eat dog shit that nonchalantly, I don’t think we have anywhere near the same tastebuds.

6 Likes

My first account was deleted, probably because I wasn’t happy with the launch of 3.0 and delays around the holidays.

Oh well. The new chocolate is disgusting. 3.0 or Black , its gross, it tastes like the after taste of a magic mushroom and has this earthy gross flavor on the front. Crazy how bad it went from 2.x -> 3.x , but I had to stop ordering choc now. I have one bag of Black C to get through and can’t wait for more vanilla to come.

We don’t delete accounts as we encourage discussions from all points of view.

1 Like

Just buy some good quality cocoa powder and add it to the vanilla version before you mix it. You get the added benefit of being able to control the quantity.

For that matter, you could just add a fair amount of cocoa powder to the entire bag, close it, and shake: voilà, custom chocolate Huel.

I am not really into the flavor ones. I prefer U/U and mixed it cocoa powder and honey/alone. However, in my journey through huel I could say that I can fix any flavor with mixing it with 1 scoop of U/U and if required add something.