6 months with Huel

Greetings, I’m Adam. I’m new to the forum but have been using huel black for about 6 months. I’ve been using athletic greens for about 2 years. Shortly after starting to use huel for added protein intake, i began to combine huel with athletic greens every morning for breakfast. This has been my routine for most of the 6 months I’ve been on huel and i feel great. About 2 months ago, I began using fair life core power protein shakes. At this time, my diet consists of huel/ athletic greens for breakfast, whatever i want for lunch and a fair life shake for dinner. I live an active lifestyle as a mechanic for work, gym workout at least once a week, mountain biking and disc golf. I’m about to add a modest supplement of creatine as an experiment. Any thoughts from the huel community?

Hey Adam - welcome to the US Huel forum! :slight_smile:

Glad to hear you’re doing well and feeling great!

What kinds of things do you tend to have for lunch? I ask as I know you mentioned you have an active lifestyle so you just want to be sure you’re providing your body with enough energy/nutrients to fuel you throughout the day!

And how do you typically prepare your Huel/Athletic Greens combination (how many scoops of Huel & Athletic Greens/how much fluid/what kind/etc.)?

Any specific reason for this addition?

Let me know!

I will usual eat a deli sandwich, burger and fries, pizza, or similar for lunch. Usual American cuisine i suppose. I have been actively cutting out liquid sugar in the past couple months. My go to is unsweetened iced tea. I might have a soda or latte once or twice a week.

I prepare my huel and greens together in the recommended quantity. 2 scoops huel to one scoop greens (12g). Plus 3 ice cubes.

I was considering creatine to help build muscle more efficiently. I’ve also read about cognitive benefits and spoken to a couple trainers.

For context, i am a 35 year old male. I weigh about 170lb. I quit smoking a little over 3 years ago. At the time i quit, i weighed 155 but my weight increased to 190 over the course of the first year and a half and i began feeling less than optimal. Better having stopped smoking but i decided i needed to start focusing on my diet.

Thanks for the reply and insight!

“At the time i quit, i weighed 155 but my weight increased to 190 over the course of the first year and a half and i began feeling less than optimal. Better having stopped smoking but i decided i needed to start focusing on my diet.”

Same situation-quit smoking and packed on pounds in response. Now I’m just trying to get into Huel to change food issues. If I ever receive my first subscription order (have some kind of delay issue in receiving the hot/savory meals) I’ll hopefully get my smoking-body (lol) back.

Good job quitting!

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you here, Adam. I didn’t see your reply!

It seems you’re doing really well and have found a dietary intake and balance that works for you. I would just say that with your active lifestyle, just be sure you’re getting in enough energy (calories) throughout the day too.

Let us know how everything goes!

Sorry to hear about the delay. If you have not already, reach out to support@huel.com and we can assist you! :blush:

And I would love to know how everything goes once you give Huel a try too. Happy to help if you have any questions, feedback, or concerns.

Second this and well done to you too!

1 Like