Workout Regimen

Hi. I’m back to working out after a long hiatus because of covid. I’m 63 and training in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. I’ve gone from a little overweight to disgustingly overweight! So I want to take in around 1800 calories per day while working out 3-4 times per week (it’s on the intensive side). I’m thankfully healthy. So if I want to go on a mostly Huel regimen I’m trying to figure out how this plays out. Any recommendations for what should be for breakfast, lunch, pre-workout snack/product, and dinner after working out (usually around 9pm). During workouts I need to stay hydrated too so I usually stick with just filtered water. Should I add a powder to the water? Thanks for any suggestions!
Joe

Hey Joe, I going to piggyback on your post - kudos to you - I also practice BJJ and just placed my first order for BE. I’m interested in seeing the responses to help me on my path as well.

Cheers

Ken

1 Like

Very cool. Glad to make your acquaintance! I thought I could get away with heavy workouts and eating like a pig but apparently that is no longer an option. :laughing:

Hey @reyesjoe - welcome to the US Huel Forum!

Awesome to hear about your training.

How did you come to this number of calories per day? I know you mentioned you are thinking about consuming mostly Huel too - how many meals/snacks per day? Is there any specific reason you are looking to consume mostly Huel and what else do you typically consume throughout the day now?

Let me know and I’m happy to help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Charlotte_Huel,
I used the calculator your site provided and went to a goal of 1800 calories instead of 2093 to lose one pound per week. I have a lousy diet which explains my lousy weight. I’m thinking I can use mostly Huel for a little while and eat other stuff here and there. Today I had a bagel with butter, the thai savory lunch, a 240 calorie P2Life protein drink (twice). Total calories came out to around 1500 and I feel pretty decent. I’m sure I’ll need something solid tomorrow (probably an organic beef stick) but I anticipate hitting around 1800. I want to place an order for your snack bars and drinks so I can work out and be well nourished so I can maximize energy and recover well. The weight loss will come naturally I think if I stay disciplined (I will). Thanks.

Hey @reyesjoe!

Gotcha! I did also want to note that while a calorie calculator can be a helpful tool, it should not be the only thing you consider. You were also spot on when discussing how you may have to adjust along the way. Sometimes it takes a bit of trial and error to see what will work best for you (as well as what maybe doesn’t work so well)!

And remember too that smaller changes in your day-to-day add up over time and can be a bit more sustainable in the longer term!

If you have any additional questions/concerns don’t hesitate to tag me - happy to help where I can. :slight_smile: