What is the Point of Celebrating "Non-GMO?"

Just cancelled that subscription for you, TJ!

Thanks so much! What do I do about the delivery I am receiving? I have no need for it, and was hoping to return it for a refund?

1 Like

You can set up a return with us, if you’d like. Since the order has processed I can’t cancel it at this point. We can provide a discounted shipping label for you so you can ship it back for a refund. Just let me know if you want to start that process!

I think you’re getting natural breeding mixed up with GMO. Genetic Modification is a process by which genes are manipulated in the laboratory. The most recent version is called CRISPR CAS9. The main problem is that GMOs (genetically modified organisms) have not been out there long enough to tell the long term effects. Kind of like when doctors were recommending cigarettes. In China they have just created CRISPR babies, with genes edited to make them immune to AIDS. After studying this particular modification they have determined it will lead to a reduced lifespan because of unforeseen side effects. Mutations that lead to lower survival are reduced in the regular population, because of natural selection, but mutations caused by genetic engineering have no such history.

I wish golden rice made it in this world. As a society, we should think about who we protect more: small farmers or malnourished masses.

I would say if people look past the hype, GMOs could have a bright future in vertical farms where they don’t interact with nature nor get contaminated easily enough for patent infringement. Vertical farms are very open source.

The only issue left is what is being compromised in the plant itself once certain genes are turned on and off, but that’s for R&D to find out.

1 Like