Weight Loss, Exercise and Diet

Losing weight is almost totally driven by food choices (what and how much). Exercise (such as walking, running, and workouts) is needed for stamina and strength and for making sure that the weight you lose is fat and not muscle, but purely in terms of weight loss, exercise is neither necessary nor sufficient. It’s not necessary, because even if you don’t exercise, you can lose weight; and it’s not sufficient because, even if you do exercise, you cannot eat anything you want and still lose weight.

My current diet of breakfast Huel 3 scoops w/water and lunch Huel 2 scoops w/water and for snacks some nuts/hummus w/veggies and normal dinner is an approach that is simple, easy, effective, satisfying (you won’t feel hungry). I have lost quite a bit of weight following this method, and I have taken up Elliptical ( while watching a streaming video ) and because it’s so enjoyable I now do a little over 45 minutes a day, six days a week. But weight loss still depends on food choices. Elliptical ( Cardio ) is for fitness, not weight loss.)

It will probably take a couple of weeks to get the hang of it, but stick with it for two months and see then what you think. For me 2 meals of Huel, one regular meal meal (dinner) and cardio is doing wonders in a fairly short period of time.

3 Likes

Good progress so far. Good job. Yeah, I really like elliptical machines. When I had the gym membership I would use them 3 times a week. It’s not just easier on my ankles but I find the machine to be more fun to use.

Alas, I have no membership now so I am stuck with my equipment at home. But I do well with what I have.

1 Like

Wooo! Sounds like you’ve got quite the awesome routine going there, @R_B. Thrilled to hear Huel has found a place in your life. Give us a shout when you hit that two month mark! Keep it going :muscle:t3:

1 Like