Unable to Make Subscription Changes?

I can’t add or reduce my number of U/U bags in my subscription. Not in a rush, but I’m confused if something has changed with the flavor option or the subscription service?

It gives me chocolate, berry, vanilla or v1.1, to add or subtract. Just U/U my original amount is locked in and my next delivery isn’t until the summer. I just wanted to consider swapping some U/U for others with the same number of total bags. Even one-time orders it appears U/U can’t be worked with right now, least for me.

Again, not a huge rush, especially everything going on, just odd. Thanks.

Hey @TheRoguishBard! Hmmm, I’m sorry for any frustration there. I’d be more than happy to dive into this and assist in manually updating your subscription for you😁

I’ll send you over an email now and we can get this resolved together! Have a wonderful day.

@Christian_Huel. I’m having the same problem. I have tried to update/pause/delay/cancel my subscription at various times over the past 6 weeks or so, but I either get an error message or the process stalls. I wasn’t too worried about it, as I assumed the problem would get fixed. But now my next order is due to ship, and I don’t need anything right now, so I would like to just cancel the subscription. When I am ready for more, I’ll start a new one that will hopefully be editable if I ever need to change it.

Thank you!