Recipe for Huel Oat Cakes

6 Likes

These look great! Are they hard or soft? Would they last several days without refrigeration, do you think? I have a road trip coming up and these look like a great solution!

They are harder, kind of like a biscuit. I ate mine for five days and did not refrigerate them. I think that refrigeration would be bad for them because it could make them soggy. I eat mine with cream cheese, but you could probably also add some powdered cheese to the recipe. You can eat them on their own also, but you may find them a bit bland. I developed them so that you could add flavors like cheese or sugar free jelly. My muffins have also been good. I have had them out for a long time and they do not require refrigeration.

1 Like

Yummy! This sounds good!

1 Like

So I made these last night. I have to say, BE CAREFUL about how much water you add!! I was adding it gradually, and my husband bumped my elbow and I wound up sloshing more in than I wanted! I got a sticky dough, not at all what I was expecting. So I added some chocolate chips to the sticky dough before baking!

Despite being sticky, they baked up nicely, and are slightly soft after 20 minutes of baking, not hard. I think they turned out really well despite my goof! lol Thanks for a great recipe!

2 Likes

No problem. You could have also fixed it by adding a bit more Huel. If you want to make it Sweet, it may also work with the vanilla. It does trick you because it seems like there is enough water until you completely makes it up. Even with the correct amount of water, it can’t be a tiny bit sticky.

Sabra Ewing

I am about to post a modified version of this recipe using the new scoops.

Huel Oat Cakes

Ingredients:
4 scoops or 1-1/2 cup U/U Huel
0.75 Oz or 1-1/2 tablespoons butter(Mae sub coconut oil in equal measure, or 1-1/8 tsp liquid oil)
3/4 tsp salt
1 cup water

Procedure:
Preheat oven to 375°F or 191°C. In a medium bowl, mix together Huel and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meel. Slowly add water as needed. Mix until dough forms. Roll to 1/4 inch or 6 mm thick, adding Huel to surface as needed. Form into 8 circles and arrange on lightly oiled cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, or until cakes have browned edges, and are hard to the touch. Each cake is 100 cal and two cakes contain one scoop of Huel. To calculate the calories per cake for a different fat, take 1/8 of the calories for the amount you used, And add 82 cal to that solution to get the total. Serve with cheese or jelly if desired.

2 Likes