Peanut and Tree Nut Allergy Safe?

Hello I am highly allergic to peanuts and tree nuts and I did not see the dreaded ‘processed in a facility that also processes peanuts and tree nuts’ in the nutritional information. I am wondering if any one out there has a similar allergy and has tried Huel? Also it would be nice if someone from Huel chimed in about the manufacturing process.
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi @Jeff_Monroe

The product itself does not contain nuts but we cannot guarantee it is product and transport in a nut free environment.

Sothan

If you have a nut allergy, avoid huel. I tried a small sip of a coworkers today and had to spend the rest of lunch at Urgent care.

I’m normally not sensitive to things that ‘may have been processed’ around nuts but this definitely caused a reaction.

He likes Huel, but looks like its off the table for me - luckily soylent is OK for me.

The original post here is older so the ingredients must have changed since then, because the ingredients list for Huel 1.1 (US) and RTD states that the Triglyceride Powder is from coconut and has a bold warning at the end stating CONTAINS: TREE NUTS (COCONUT).

Hey guys apologies for the confusion on this one. Huel does not contain any nuts. Coconut is technically not a nut, however some people who are allergic to tree nuts (like almonds, cashews, and walnuts) are also allergic to coconut.

As part of US labelling we have to state this.

1 Like