PCOS, Type 2 Diabetes and starting Huel

Hey @Simpops, welcome to the Huel forum! Thanks so much for posting.

And thank you @sentamalin for your post, as well. I could not agree more with what you’ve said and I want to reiterate a few of the points that you made because they’re so important.

I agree that the most important is to be gentle. A lot of nutrition information that’s out there can be very confusing and complex. In addition to that, diets are largely unsustainable (due to massive restrictions or changes) which is why they don’t quite work. Please know this is not on you. You are here looking to make positive longer term changes and that is amazing.

I also agree that the focus should be on smaller changes to dietary intake and lifestyle which add up over time, knowing that not every small change you make will be right for you and if it’s not, you can learn and adjust from there. It can be easy to focus on what we should be taking out of our intake; however, it’s important to shift this focus onto what should be added/included to ensure that you are fueling your body adequately with the nutrients it needs as this will help you feel your best.

If you’d like to include Huel in your intake, I’d suggest that you start out with Huel once per day a few days during the week to see how you tolerate it. You can then adjust from there to either increase or decrease the amount consumed depending on how you feel.

And don’t hesitate to let us know if you have any questions/concerns along the way or if you’d like to share any additional insights into your experience too!

2 Likes