Nothing But Huel For 60 Days Straight (Ongoing: Day 35 Of 60)

Updated - I included initial blood work on the google doc form - Everything is mostly normal range except HDL of course. I’ve struggled with HDL for a couple years, so I’m hoping it’ll go up a little after next weeks results.

1 Like

gonna be heading back into the office next week, hoping the habits i’ve picked up in quarantine stick - no caffeine, no carbonation, very limited fast food - because i spent way too much money on it before. been thinking of doing the 16/8 with huel for lunch, and then “a sensible dinner”

1 Like

I like the log, interesting to read. Pizza was a big weakness for me too as I transitioned to a healthier lifestyle. So many calories, so little nutrition, so… not filling.

The next slice of pizza you eat is going to be like an acid trip in your mouth.

It looks by your food diary that you’re on track to lose some weight, probably a significant amount of water weight, and a few lbs of fat too after the first 30 says. This is a pretty dramatic diet change, though… what is your plan for your diet after the 60 days are up?

It’s going to be tempting to return to old habits, so it’ll be a good idea to have some kind of plan in place to transition from the Huel-only diet to something sustainable and healthy for the long term. How do you see things going another month from now?

2 Likes

I lost almost 100 lbs in a year that way. Been maintaining for a few months now–Huel makes tracking your food intake ridiculously easy… Not eating does too, for that matter, haha.

4 Likes

Cravings are gone, for the most part, it’s only such a short time but feels like forever since I’ve had that rush of dopamine from Pizza. Depending on how the blood results go, I might continue doing Huel-Only except for one day a week for a cheat meal. I love not needing other food, cooking, preparing, surely that’s not just me.

And 100 lbs in a year is incredible, that is strong dedication and I say congratulations seriously.

To add - household waste production has dramatically decreased :laughing:

2 Likes

that’d be great for me… currently hanging out a bit over 300… would love to get down to 200… even 180 is the “ideal” but… we’ll see what happens!

1 Like

Really looking forward to seeing you progress through this challenge. Bookmarking for later.

2 Likes

Have you tryed chewing gum after the huel for your body to think its eating after the shake

1 Like

Chewing gum tends to get me gassy.

Chewing gum after a couple minutes gives stinging pain in my teeth, and its pretty painful. :frowning:

@Deron Updated Google Docs for new bloodwork. I will be making some changes to my routine for these next 30 days - Drinking more water (currently someday I might drink absolutely no water besides days I work out), along with beginning cardio/weight lifting frequency to 3 to 5 days a week.

2 Likes

Updated Bloodwork on Google docs, updated initial post. Will check edits on PC later if there’s any errors.

Uploaded blood test results through a pic so no one needs to scroll through google docs :smiley: Google docs just contains some additional information and the diary.

1 Like

I’ve experienced the cramps lately too. I wake up craving Huel now. Tonight I tried to eat a chocolate chip cookie AND LITERALLY SPIT IT OUT IN THE SINK. Then I treated myself to a thick-mixed half scoop of Huel. I would think I’m going crazy, except I feel soooo good.

3 Likes

The free gym finally opened up, beginning tomorrow 3-5/week. Almost paid for another gym. Glad things are starting to open back up again - safely as possible. I’m doing my best to stay extra safe since we’re handling and testing Covid samples ourselves now.

1 Like

Undersunfitness.com has a really good set of resistance bands I’ve been using for at-home workouts.

1 Like

I’m doing something similar. But I’m doing 2x huel a day and 400-500g dinner and snacks during the day. So far, I thought I’d need the snacks but I really don’t. I have a bad habit of mindlessly snacking while gaming or when board.

Also, love the canisters. Now I have a crafting project, lol.

1 Like

Oooo Huel got me here! Did not know there was an edit limit of 20. I’ll make a new thread whenever the 60 days is over. :smile:

New Thread Here: Huel 60 Days Straight w/ Bloodwork (Ongoing: Day 45/60) - Updated

[Edit Limit Reached For This Thread]

4 Likes

Congrats! Sounds amazing!
I would like to achieve same, just Huel, nothing else. But I get crazy hungry at 14:00 and then at 17:00again and low sugar. Then I eat bread or salat or even sweets.
How did you get over hunger?

I keep myself busy, just as prior to the Huel diet I would eat because I’m bored. I do feel very hungry if I stay up late, so I’ll just go to bed when that happens.

2 Likes