New to Huel - How much should I take Daily as an avid exerciser

I weight 215 pounds. I’m 6’2”. About 14 percent body fat. I’m muscular and would describe myself as a heavy lifter. How much Huel should I do daily if I’m only doing Huel and water for a month and I’m trying to lose weight but not too much muscle?

There is no definitive answer. Huel is food. Food is calories. Use it as you see fit.

I am a bodybuilder. I lift weights in the gym 5 days a week. I eat 3000+ calories a day. I use Huel to boost me to that goal. How much Huel I consume day-to-day depends on how much I am eating outside of Huel.

1 Like

There’s probably not a single answer for this. There’s almost no way to know exactly how many calories of energy your body will burn in a day, especially since a lot of the behind-the-scenes stuff is handles by hormones and the autonomic nervous system. I mean, the 115,000 heart beats each day probably comprises a good percentage of our daily calorie needs, and it goes whether we are exercising or asleep.

If you are consuming only huel, there is a very good chance you will either be very insulin sensitive or will become quite insulin sensitive. In other words you’re not going to have problems like insulin resistance, leptin resistance, glucagon like peptide resistance, etc. your body will be utilizing nutrients appropriately and properly controlled by your hormones. So, you will just naturally eat as much as you feel you need. If you undereat, you will become a little sluggish and hungry and then we’ll compensate. people run into problems when they have hormone resistance and they are hungry despite the fact that they don’t actually need more food. That is the true source of obesity.