Less Calories More Nutrition!

I am a small female.

My understanding is that to reach 100% nutrient DV, I have to consume 2,000 calories, which would make me gain weight.

Can you make a more concentrated version with more nutrients per calorie so you get 100% DV in 1,300 calories or so?

I also don’t care about taste or texture. My priority having the most nutrient dense fuel for my body. Anyone with me?

The true recommended daily allowance for vitamins and minerals is probably based on sex and your body mass. They just list the percent RDA for an average sized person. If you don’t need a full 2000 calories worth of energy, you’ll still likely get all the vitamins and minerals your particular body needs since your requirement for these will be prorated down. I bet it’s proportionate enough that you may not need to worry. Just eat as much Huel as you feel is right for you, and you’ll probably automatically get all the micronutrients that you need. Also, I think the RDA values are rounded up and are likely overestimated anyway. Also, the human body can recycle nutrients if needed.

4 Likes

Deron has made some great points, the same is true for someone who requires 2,500 or 3,000kcal.

If you’re worried about certain nutrients then you can always get them from good food sources, most people have Huel for 1-2 meals a day.

If we made a Huel product for everyone’s exact calorie requirements we’d have 100s of products!

Correct me if I am wrong, but the DV of vitamins is based off a 2,000 calories diet. If you’re eating less than 2000 calories, than you needn’t worry about the vitamins. Even at 1300 calories of Huel, I wager you are getting more vitamins than 85% of Americans.

2 Likes

And if she is truly worried, she could take a half Centrum multivitamin a day on top of her 1300 calories of Huel to supplement any she feels she needs more of. Although this would likely be overkill.

Yeap that’s correct but it’s not an exact science.