Huel Weight Loss Tracking / Advice

Fantastic! Keep it up. Looking forward to more updates.

1 Like

It’s been a while since I’ve made an update. Job changes and such due to the pandemic. I hiccuped a little on my diet for about a week or two but I’m back on it and I’m still in the green! Currently sitting at 191. I had gotten down to 186 but with that short hiccup I gained a few back and stagnated. Back at it though and motivated!

5 Likes

I see those setbacks as a restart for your metabolism. Whether I’m right or not, having a cheat day has done wonders for my weight loss journey.

1 Like

Funnily enough that’s actually what I intended when I started, I just didn’t plan on it being two weeks long! It was really easy to fall back into midnight snacking and soda every are hours when I wasnt strictly thinking about my diet.

2 Likes

Yeah, cheats need to be controlled (to an extent). That’s why I don’t let myself go past 1 day a week and still do intermittent fasting on those days (which is actually tomorrow). I try not to call it cheating because it has a negative connotation but I’m sure you get what I mean lol.

1 Like

Yeah I even went off of IF for multiple of the days so it went pretty off the rails. One day a week is still tempting to me because I end up saying, well why not two days a week, or three, etc. I find that once or twice a month is a little safer for me.

1 Like

Something to keep in mind with estimated calories burned. So if you exercise and something estimates 90 calories burned but you normally would have burned 40 calories during that time anyways if not exercising, you didn’t burn an extra 90 on top of your daily expenditure. In this example you burned an extra 50 calories. It’s hard to come up with an exact amount but I recommend only taking 50-60% of an estimated burned calories and considering that as extra.