Huel Powder Blood Glucose Response

A new article is live on a trial we conducted at Huel. We looked at peoples’ blood glucose response after consuming a serving of Huel Vanilla Powder.

Any questions just post them here.

3 Likes

The graph shows the average. Was that the “mean” or “median” average? Not a real important question, just curious.

It would be safe to assume that none of the participants were diabetic. It would be interesting to see a glucose response to a dose of Huel in someone who already has Type 2 diabetes.

None the less, this is pretty impressive. The ideal goal of a 2 hour postprandial glucose level is 140 or less and these participants didn’t go near that threshold. Just a smidgen above 100 for one reading and then back into the 80 to 100 range the rest of the time.

1 Like

I am a type 2, for many years. Today, I was at 90 before “Breakfast” (First meal about noon). Had a 3 scoop 1.0 Vanilla Huel with 1 scoop of Amazing Grass Green Superfood, plus two 1.5 oz bags of Pistachios. 2 hours later my reading was 100. This is pretty typical for me, both Breakfast and reading wise.

BD

3 Likes

It was the mean.

Yeap, "none of whom reported medical conditions or were using medication that may have affected the blood glucose level response.’’

Thanks for the positive feedback!

1 Like

Love that Huel is working for you @Bigdaddy!

1 Like