Huel Peanut Butter Being Discontinued?

Why is the Peanut Butter flavor being discontinued? This is probably one of the best flavors and it says most popular on the site to purchase. What happened?

2 Likes

I have contained my rage for as long as possible, but I shall unleash my fury upon you like the crashing of a thousand waves! But seriously this is such a disappointing move from huel, like huel is a big purchase already requiring you to buy two bags and we can’t sample other flavors. They are getting rid of their best flavor really is disappointing and seems so abrupt.

3 Likes

I am also very curious why this is being done. This is my favorite current flavor, and is great for combining with others for variety…

1 Like

Stupid f’ing idea. Only good flavor. Telling me to add my own peanut butter to their Vanilla. WTF? If you like our peanut butter flavor so much, go try to make your own. Really? Probably quitting Huel now.

PB is basically the only flavor I enjoy, 1200 meals and counting (not all PB of course). With them discontinuing PB it may be time to try one of the competitors. To add insult to injury, “just add PB flavor bro” as if it’ll be the same. How much PB or flavor will you need to cover up the ghastly flavor of vanilla or original?

1 Like

I just ordered four bags of these. This is the best flavor I have tried so far (banana, chocolate and this).

How do you know there are plans to discontinue Huel Peanut Butter. What is your source?

Soylent original powder along with PB2 powdered peanut butter is friggin delicious. I use to do this before making the switch to Huel Black for the extra protein.

If you are subscribed to emails, they emailed yesterday about it being discontinued.

Peanut Butter Black Edition will be discontinued the week of April 3rd. and Powder v3.0 will be discontinued starting the week of June 12.

1 Like

I’m subscribed to emails but did not get that alert. Is it possible it was only sent to those who have previously purchased it? I’m in the US in case it’s a regional change.

Hi All!

I’m so sorry for any disappointment surrounding our decision to discontinue our Peanut Butter flavors. :worried:

This is not a decision we’ve come to lightly. Unfortunately, the manufacturers that we work with found it hard working with the allergen of peanuts. We also wanted to ensure that all other powder flavors were nut-free.

As an alternative within Huel, you could opt for Vanilla V3.0 or Black Edition and mix/blend in a scoop of peanut butter. It’s not exactly the same, of course, but we certainly like it!

If you have any other questions feel free to let me know and I will do my very best to address them!

Any chance on doing limited runs of PB flavored Huel a couple times during the year, like McDonald’s does with it’s McRib? It seriously is the best flavor IMO and it’s the only version of Huel I’d probably never get tired of. I’m willing to pre-order it ahead of time if possible. It just sucks hearing the news after finding the only flavor I’m willing to drink without getting tired of D:

1 Like

Hi @at0o0o thanks for this question! There are not any plans to have limited runs of the Peanut Butter flavor available in the future. Unfortunately, the manufacturers that we work with found it hard working with the allergen of peanuts. We also wanted to ensure that all other powder flavors were nut-free.

As we like to keep the same topics on the same threads here on the forum I’m now going to close out this thread and merge it with the other active thread where this is being discussed.

I just came here to request more healthy flavors, but really disappointed to see peanubutter discontinued. It was the only flavor i liked. Will probably go to kachava now

Not cool!

Huel should either make a separate peanut powder add-in or develop and publish an easy recipe / referral link to ingredients for DIY Peanut Butter Huel from the unflavored / unsweetened (or perhaps vanilla / original sweetened) flavors.

1 Like

Do you know if Huel has any plans to look for another manufacturer that will allow them to continue PB powder production?

Geez, I just read that back and I totally sounds like a drug dealer…is my lifestyle switching to Huel or GTA!?

1 Like

Nooooooooo…! I just switched to Huel from another product and peanut butter is my favorite flavor out of the ones I’ve tried so far.

1 Like

This makes sense, thank you for the explanation Kathryn.

Aaron

I’m so disappointed also. Peanut Butter is by far my favorite flavor. I usually order a mix but always extra bags of Peanut Butter. There’s only maybe 2 or 3 others I like but Peanut Butter is the best. I guess I understand the explanation but this really sucks. I’m going to try some other powders out there now.

Great question! There are no immediate plans for this at the moment but you never know what may happen in the future.

1 Like