Huel and MyPlate.gov food groups

Heyo Hueligans,

If you’re not familiar with the site MyPlate.gov, it’s basically a revamped food pyramid that gives advice on a balanced diet based on your height. My wife and I are trying to do a very loose diet based on the recommendations there and I’m wondering how many of each “portion” a serving of Huel Black makes up.

I’m currently logging my daily Huel lunch as 4oz of protein and 2oz of grains per serving,which is a pretty good representation of what they are in terms of the caloric distribution of macronutrients (1 serving of Huel Black has the same amount of protein as 4 ounces of chicken and the same amount of carbs as 2 ounces of white rice) , but I’m wondering if anyone else has looked at this issue before.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Hey @bittid88 ! Great to see you back on the US Forum and great question :slight_smile:

Generally speaking, 1 ounce of protein (say steak, fish, or chicken) would be approximately 7 grams of protein. I would say Huel Black Edition is actually more than 4 ounces as 4 ounces (7 grams per ounce x 4 ounces) would be approximately 28 grams of protein.

Huel Black Edition at approximately 40 grams of protein per serving would equal a little over 5.5 ounces if you were equating it to a piece of protein, hope that makes sense!

When it comes to grains - 1 ounce or 1 exchange for those who have Diabetes and follow the exchange system, would be approximately 15 grams of carbohydrate so Huel Black Edition would be just over 1.5 ounces.

I hope this helps!