Found some extra fibre in my scoop of Huel

I didn’t expect to see a piece of thread when I took a scoop out of Huel Black Vanilla bag. I am not sure what kind of quality control or ingredients they are putting in while sealing our bags. This is unacceptable for a $75 subscription twice a month. I don’t think this is a cheap product compared to other meal replacement products. Never had a problem with any other brand’s meal replacement or any protein powders.

3 Likes

Have you tried emailing Huel support directly? They’re usually VERY good at rectifying these things. And yes, I completely agree with you. Huel is a premium product but things do happen.

1 Like

I just found the same thing in a bag of green curry H&S.

Bag2 Thread2

1 Like

Whoa, haven’t seen that yet, but I use a blender, and makes me wonder if this might explain the “plastic taste” I’m getting in the new v1.1 Vanilla Black Edition. I just posted about my disappointment in the flavor change… Yikes, hate for it to be literal plastic fibers I’m tasting.

1 Like

Sorry to see that and I have personally messaged you to get more information on your order. We will love to rectify this for you.

I have messaged you to get ore information on this order as well!

1 Like

I blend my huel powder too, usually with fruit. Now I’m a little paranoid. I’m extra freaked out that this stuff has been found in both powder and the H&S… I wonder now if this stuff has been ground up in the normal looking huel powder and we’re just seeing the bits that didn’t get ground… yikes. I’m hoping it just has something to do with the bags and not the food itself.

1 Like

I had this too just now! I just made vanilla Huel and spit a plastic thing identical to this out. Second time from the same bag. Wasn’t sure if it was part of the seal on my blender or something but since it happened twice from the same bag and it looked just like the pictures here then it must be the Huel. I hope I haven’t drank too much plastic without noticing it. Gross.

1 Like

Yes, it was in the Vanilla bag.

I too am hating that weird taste in this new Vanilla Black Edition.

1 Like

I found plastic in my protein powder. I relied on huel for one meal a day plus my post-workout protein, but now I’m too nervous to use it I’ve probably eaten a ton of plastic covers and didn’t know.

It’s a shame because I loved huel. I even had some UK only flavors delivered to my hotel when i was visiting family a few months ago.