Does eating Huel three times a day meet Stevia's acceptable daily intake limit?

I recently bought Huel Black and have been loving it so far! However, I noticed that it contains steviol glycosides for sweetness. WHO’s Joint Experts Committee on Food Additives set a limit for steviol glycoside to be 4 mg/kg of body weight. I’m not interested in knowing the exact quantity of Stevia in Huel black, I know that is a trade secret, but I was wondering if eating Huel Black three times (6 scoops) a day puts me past this limit. Thanks!

source: wikipedia.org/wiki/Stevia#Safety_and_regulations

Hey Jonathan!

Welcome to the US Huel forum. :slight_smile:

The ADIs are based on body weight so it would depend on how much you weigh.

Generally speaking, 3 servings (6 scoops) of flavored Huel Black Edition per day should not be over the ADI for stevia. Though again, it would also depend on your body weight.

2 Likes

Perfect, thanks for clearing that up for me, Charlotte! The link you provided is very insightful.

2 Likes

@Charlotte_Huel Hi, I have a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 9 scoops per day - Only Huel White (mostly vanilla) - My bodyweight is 69 kgs. Am I exceeding Sucralose recommended intake per day?

1 Like

Hey @sambizoomin!

Nope :grin:

2 Likes

Hi @Charlotte_Huel, roughly how many scoops of Huel Black (e.g. Vanilla) would exceed my WHO recommended daily Stevia intake, considering I weigh 56kg? :slight_smile:

Hey @pki - welcome to the US Huel forum!

We cannot specify how many scoops would be over the limit as the exact amount of ingredients in Huel is proprietary information. However, we can tell you if the amount you consume is within limits!

How many scoops or servings (where each serving is 2 scoops or 400 calories) of Huel Black Edition do you consume per day? Let me know and I can reach out to the team to confirm for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Charlotte_Huel, thank you for the welcoming words! Currently I consume 8 scoops per day to create a slight calorie surplus :slight_smile:

1 Like

Checking on this for you right now @pki! :slight_smile:

Just got the information on this! Thanks for your patience as we worked to confirm. :tada:

We can confirm you will be within the acceptable daily intake (ADI) for stevia if you weigh 56kg and consume 8 scoops (4 servings of Huel Black Edition per day).

With the above being said, be sure to take into consideration any other foods you may consume which may contain stevia too. If you don’t consume any others, then you’re all set :slight_smile:

Hope that helps.