Blood in the urine?

During the first month drinking Huel 2 spoons of vanilla as breakfast and 2 spoon of chocolate at lunch every day during 25 days, and normal food every evening, at the end of this period I noted a little blood in my urine. I suspended Huel during two weeks and the blood disapeared. I begun to drink again Huel the same dosis and the blood in my orine showed up after 6 days of drinking Huel again. But the day when symptoms reappeared (yesterday) I also was mowing the grass. Beginning today, I will drink Huel only ant lunch, to see what happens. I will keep you informed. In the meantime, if someone of you have had a similar experience, please send me your commentaries. Thank you!

Seeing blood in your urine can be alarming. While in many instances the cause is harmless, blood in urine (hematuria) can indicate a serious disorder.

Blood that you can see is called gross hematuria. Urinary blood that’s visible only under a microscope (microscopic hematuria) is found when your doctor tests your urine. Either way, it’s important to determine the reason for the bleeding.

Treatment depends on the cause.

Read this

I am suspecting a kind of very fine calcium sand from the kidneys. Could be harmless, as a normal function of the body trying to rid of kidney stones. I do not have any pain so far, just a very little discomfort in the back (kidney location zone). I will continue drinking Huel only at lunch and I will drink more water to see if I notice any difference. Thank you for your message.

Hi @Cabeto, if you are experiencing blood in your urine you should seek medical attention/advice from your medical provider regarding this matter!

2 Likes

Thanks Marie, I will go if the issue get worse. So far is still about 1/20 teaspoon of blood in 1/4 of gallon of urine. I am drinking more water. No pain. No fever, Just a very little discomfort. I published this in the forum to see if another person had this experience. Thank you!

If it gets worse? You need to go now man…

1 Like

I haven’t seen more blood in the urine today. I am drinking more water during the day and I began to continue drinking Huel meal again. 2 spoon in 17 ounces of water as breakfast and 2 spoon in 17 ounces of water at lunch. At dinner I had normal food. It is 7pm now, I feel good and no more blood in my urine. I will see tomorrow. Thanks for asking.

Hi Cabeto! Any update on this? I first started noticing trace amounts of blood around November 2019. Went to the urologist. Did a CT scan, cystoscopy (yikes!), and tried a few meds. All to no avail.

It JUST dawned on me that I started drinking Huel around that time, so I’m very curious what ever came of your situation.

Ok… Drink lots of water and go see a Dr. ASAP!

1 Like

Hi Bob!

I am perfectly fine. The blood disappeared long ago from my urine. I guess it was some sandy carbonate particles from the kidney. I didn’t went to the doctor, I just drank more water.

I am still drinking my Huel everyday.

Thank you

Carlos

2 Likes

Hi there! Great to hear that the issue has resolved and that you are still enjoying Huel! :slight_smile:

And as David mentioned, in general, you want to be sure if this is something that you experience, you see your medical provider immediately and be sure you are drinking adequate fluids too!

1 Like