Starting out, haven't gotten first bag yet

Haven gotten my Huel yet, just wondering how many calories,carbs,proteins are in each scoop? Also, what can i put in the mix and keep it healthy still? Is honey okay? What about fruits?

honey and fruit will add some sugar of course, but whatever tastes good for ya. I have only added things to Huel once, it was a frozen banana that I blended with Huel and a couple ice cubes and it was great. As for the nutrition per scoop, I’d look at the nutrition facts for the 500 calorie serving, and divide everything by three.

The nutritional breakdown is listed here. A 500 calorie serving is roughly 3 heaping scoops of Huel:

A small amount of honey may be okay. But honey is pure sugar.

Fruit has sugar as well, but it’s “diluted” into the fruit and has fiber with it. (Not talking about fruit juice, which is squeezed, concentrated, and full of sugar.) The small amount of natural fructose found in fruit is usually not something to worry about. It’s mother nature’s way of enticing us to eat something healthy. I have been blending frozen berries, unsweetened applesauce, and banana into my Huel for months. It has not hindered my significant weight loss. It has not caused my blood sugars to spike. (In essence, eating modest amounts of fruit does not make us fat or diabetic. Sucrose, high fructose corn syrup, and wheat flour are the main culprits of this.)

Many of us also add spice like cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice to our Huel, which enhances the flavor while adding no macronutrients.

Many of us will use milk or milk/water combination to mix our Huel. you can use a wide variety of milks or plant milks, with low or no sugar. Or just regular cow milk which has lactose as the natural sugar, and thus has no fructose component to it. Again, it’s not milk that is making us fat and diabetic. Should still be healthy to mix into your Huel.

And then the ultimate add-in is natural peanut butter. Very low in sugar. Glycemic index is 20-ish. Lots of good fat and fiber. Very healthy if eaten in moderation.

2 Likes

GI is 27 I believe.

Have a good day

1 Like