Question about Portion size

Thanks for bringing this up! There is some existing confusion on this topic. See No Scoop? No Problem! and Calories per scoop: which is correct the booklet or this forum?.

I really should have checked the scoop with actual measuring cups while I was around the. My interpretation of the most recent information clarifies that 1 scoop is about 150 calories. Very light research shows that there is a 20 percent margin of error allowed on nutrition fact labels. If the scoop is 1/4 cup, then 4 scoops would be about 600 calories which would be within the margin of error of the Nutrition Facts, so until there is official clarification it would seem the 14 cups figure is likely correct. Note: I am sure Huel, like most things, is packaged by weight rather than volume. Settling (compaction) may occur and (unless you are weighing your scoops) not all scoops will contain the same amount of powder. This would be part of why the nutrition facts say “approximately.”

Huel seems like it would met my needs the best since the way it is packaged does not require you to mix up a large amount at once

I just opened my bag today I was impressed with the quality of the packaging material. The tore very cleanly where I was supposed to open it (no risk of accidentally tearing into the zipper) then there was a double row of ziplock (or appropriate generic name) zippers that seemed to seal well and be of good quality. Repeated entry will show whether it actually holds up but so far I am encouraged.

1 Like