New to Huel and confused

I want to loose 4lbs of fat and gain muscle instead. I lost 3lbs of muscle due to surgery.
I just don’t know how many scoops of fuel I should do. Anyone can help?

How much you weigh?
What exercises you do?
Diet?
Hydration?
Age?
These could help someone answer question
:astonished:

Hi elvie. One scoop is 200 cal. I normally do 2 scoops for a filling meal. I use 17 Oz of fluid so it’s a satisfying size. Just make adjustments to your liking and needs.

I weigh 132lbs and I am 5´3¨
I am presently doing PT since I had knee surgery 10 weeks ago. I recently went back to go to the gym but my workouts are short and light. I drink water but not enough. I try to eat healthy, no fat, avoid dairy products, eat protein, not a vegan, do intermittent fasting, drink milkshakes. I am a fit 60 year old woman. Thanks

1 Like

Hey @elvie!

First, I just wanted to say I am wishing you all the best with your recovery from knee surgery.

If it’s alright with you, I’d like to also learn a bit more. How often are you looking to have Huel and what else are you consuming throughout the day?

And when it comes to building muscle, this article may be a good place to start!

Let me know :slight_smile:

Hi Charlotte,
I intend to use it every day at least once. I only have one more meal which can consist of vegetables, animal protein, some carbs: bulgur or farro, olive oil. I try to stay away from fatty foods and don’t drink juices or pop sodas. I do have a sweet tooth though. Don’t eat deserts but love to chew on chocolate (not candy bars).
Thanks

Hey Elvie,

Thanks so much for getting back to me :slight_smile:

I would suggest having Huel once per day first. See how that goes before adding it more frequently!

When it comes to how much to have - that is completely up to you! The general serving size is 2 scoops or 400 calories but you may need a bit more or less, depending on what else you’re having and when you’re having it too!

Completely agree! As @audra71 mentioned, sometimes, it can also take a bit of adjusting both the amount of Huel powder and fluid used to see what works best for you! I also like to occasionally add other things to my Huel (like blending in some frozen fruits or adding some coffee and/or spices). Cinnamon is my all-time favorite addition!

Which Huel product or products are you thinking about? If you have not seen this yet, I always send along this tool our team created as I think it can be helpful. See here.

Let me know!

Thank you for your input. I will start today and will make adjustments accordingly.
Elvie

1 Like