Huel (in powder form) in the fridge?

Hi this is my first time trying Huel. Forgive me it this is a stupid question, but is there any problem with keeping the bags of powder in the fridge? Additionally I’ve seen several posts suggesting to leave mixed Huel in the fridge overnight, but would it really be so different to leave the water and powder in the fridge separately and then mix them when needed? Thanks!

Hi there! :wave: We recommend storing your Huel in a cool, dry place, such as a cupboard. An unopened bag of Huel has a shelf life of 1 year and an opened, resealed bag has a shelf life of 6 months, therefore there isn’t really a need to store Huel in your fridge since it already has such a long shelf life. :+1:

Hi Teresa, thanks for responding. Currently I have more room in my fridge than my cupboard (surprising I know), so I assume the fridge should be fine as well? Thanks!

I can’t speak the the science of nutrition it but I can’t think of why the cool temperature of a fridge would be a problem. We put most things in the fridge with out ever asking about nutritional impact of refrigeration.

Regarding preservation, it should be fine. My Huel has certainly seen freezing temperatures and I have not had any issues.

1 Like

Hi vossad01 thanks for responding. I was thinking pretty much the same thing, but I also don’t know any of the science behind it so I figured it wouldn’t hurt to ask. Seems like it should be fine though.

Ever notice how the outside of a glass of iced tea or lemonade will “sweat” when it’s hot&humid?

If your bag of Huel is similarly refrigerator-cold and your kitchen has a high humidity, you might be causing a small amount of condensation to coalesce inside the bag - slightly wetting the powder. If you consume a bag quickly you have fewer chances for this to be an issue, but more opens/closes is going to make that more problematic.

On a similar note, make sure whatever scoop you use is dry before you put it back into the bag. I have a tendency to splash the water up on the scoop when I dump it into the shaker. I really hate those sticky clumps from slightly wet Huel, so I wipe it dry before getting scoops 2 and 3.

1 Like