Credit card charged- no order confirmation

I attempted to buy another order of Huel several days ago (and create an account). I never received ay confirmation from the site that my order went through (and was unable to make an account until today). My credit card has since been charged and I still have no order confirmation. I contacted support a couple days ago and have still not received a reply.

Hey Brittney,

I’ve also been having problems with my orders not going through. The first time, I thought it was because I set the order date to close. Maybe they didn’t have time to fulfill it or something. But this last time, everything was untouched for a few weeks and still my order didn’t go through.

I know that doesn’t actually help your situation, but I’m glad I’m not the only one.

Hey @Brittney_Robinett! I see one of our Hueligans got back to your email yesterday😁 All looks good to go and your order is on the way so I apologize for the confusion! If you need anything else, just give Juan a shout back on that email thread and he would be more than happy to assist further.

I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day!:heart:

You should expect to wait upto 48-72 hours to get a response back from a company. They have thousands of customers, and so they don’t just get 1 or 2 emails a day. The most important thing of all is that you posted this on a Tuesday, so “a couple days ago” could refer to Saturday and Sunday. (February 1-2). You will not get a response on these days, and it should not be taken into account while waiting 48-72 hours for a reply.