Almond milk help!?

I can’t figure out how much almond milk to add to make a smoothie. In the recipe book the berry smoothie calls for 570ml of water OR milk. That’s is ALOT of milk! How much almond or soy milk can I add to still keep it nutritional and lose weight!?

Hi @Alyssa_Drewniak😊

It’s based on your individual needs and preferences. There’s no single right amount of fluid to use. Different people like it to be a thinner or thicker texture. Just figure out how many calories you need to have to lose weight. There are calculators for that. Then be sure to include the calories of everything you consume including the milk.

For me, I usually use about 300ml of unsweetened coconut, almond, cashew milks or plain water (I personally don’t like to get too much soy) with about 2 scoops of Huel (get a scale) and whatever flavorings I add. Cinnamon is my fav but I mix it up. Then I add a handful of ice and shake it well. I let mine sit for at least an hour before I drink it. The oat flakes absorb the liquid and it gets thicker and less grainy. Using a blender will make it smoother, but I don’t like dealing with the extra dishes very often. :joy: Then I top it off with a little cold water and shake some more until it’s a texture I want.

I have 4 shakes a day and if I’m feeling extra hungry, I’ll add a 3rd scoop. Experiment with it until it’s the way you like it. And good luck! I’m slowly and steadily losing weight on it since I started. I’m loving being a Hueler! I hope it works well for you too. :slight_smile:

1 Like