Yeah, that sounds about right. I’ve not personally weighed my Huel, but I believe that a cup of Huel (500 cal) is a little more than 3 full scoops (from the scoop they provide). It’s like 3 and a quarter leveled-off scoops, or 3 overflowing scoops. So yeah, each scoop is gonna be like 152 calories.
- 1 cup blueberries is 85 calories (yeah, it’s surprisingly low)
- 1 cup strawberries is like 45 calories.
- 1 medium banana is 105 calories
- 2 tablespoons of unsweetened applesauce is like 35 to 40 calories.
- PB powder is 45 calories for 2 tablespoons (wow, that’s low. I’m surpised)
So 2 scoops of huel and a full cup of these mixed berries will be roughly 350 - 375 calories. 2 scoops of Huel, half banana, half cup of berries will be roughly 380 to 400 calories. 2 scoops Huel + 2 tbsp PB powder + half cup berries is about 400 calories. 2 scoops of Huel, half banana, 2 tablespoons of applesauce, cinnamon is like 400 calories. 2 scoops of Huel + 2 tablepoons of PB powder + half banana or 2 tablespoons of applesauce is 400 calories (add cinnamon to this would also probably taste great).
What vegetables are you gonna add? Kale is, what, 30 calories per cup?
If you stay away from starchy vegetables, you can add pretty generous amounts and it won’t add much calories at all. In fact, I’d say you might be able to ingore the calorie input from any non-starchy vegetables. Their very low glycemic index and added fiber would almost guarantee they are not gonna slow your weight loss. So just worry about the Huel, PB powder, and fruit calories, IMO. Just my humble opinion. And these are just estimates. Keep in mind, you probably only need to ballpark these calories. Berries, PB, Huel, apples, and Bananas have moderate glycemic indexes and you should be okay will going over a little on your calorie limits.
2 basic tips:
- use a blender. Makes it taste better and more homogenous.
- chill it and let it sit or add ice to the blender to chill. improves the texture and taste for most. It thickens over time (although a few people actually prefer it fresh made and thinner).