My Personal Huel Journey and Updates

@billyjef Funny how much in common our thought processes seem to be regarding food. One of my most difficult challenges so far is avoiding unhealthy snacks. I haven’t failed but it is harder than I thought it would be. I have my veggie section in the fridge along with my growing collection of Huel ingredients but on the other side of the fridge and cabinets is my pregnant wife’s cravings as well :joy: Can’t wait fot September so we can get rid of it all.

My U/U and vanilla will be here in a week so I’m excited to play around with them.

2 Likes

Thank you, @rbgamblin. Indeed, the world is full of healthy beautiful big people. I don’t worry about my size, I like my size, only that I am healthy.

3 Likes

Day Three I cannot believe anyone here is saying this stuff tastes anything but horrible.That being said, I have an increased feeling of well-being and I am completely satisfied hunger-wise. I have a 52-day project of long workdays coming up and I cannot succumb to quick and easy junk food so I have opted to try Huel. My belief is that the development is ongoing and at some point a formula may actually taste like something besides soap+oatmeal+metal+sweetener. I believe Huel is a good nutritional choice and at 65 I am all about that.I am a subscriber.

Oh I’m sorry to hear you’re not a fan. What flavour did you go for?

Some of these quick flavour suggestions may help:

• Coffee - either instant if you’re in a hurry, or brewed if you’ve a little bit more time on your hands.

• Syrups - such as those used at Starbucks. There’s a whole range of flavours, from caramel to mint.

• Blended fruit - some people say it’s nice to add some extra fresh or frozen fruit and then blend, i.e. banana.

• Cocoa powder - for a hint of chocolate.

• Cordial - I’ve not tried this myself but I’ve heard it can be good.

• Cinnamon powder - this often comes up as a customer favourite.

• Combinations - the choice is endless once you start experimenting with combinations. A couple of customer favourites are: Bananas and Cinnamon, and Chocolate powder and Coffee.

• Savoury flavours - the Unflavoured and Unsweetened Huel opens up a whole world of possibilities. Some ideas include: cayenne powder for those who love heat and stock cubes.

Thanik you so much, i have seen the site and received a booklet with this info.I was not asking for help or flavor tips, I have added cocoa, coffee and cinnamon to the chocolate and berries to the berry. I am amending my subscription to make it unflavored. IMHO this product is unbelievably nasty-tasting but I am not looking for a taste thrill. I am all about the anticipated health benefits and ease of preparation. So far I feel great and that is the bottom line for me! Thanks again.

1 Like

Just a little update: First weigh-in since I started Huel 9 days ago. I’ve lost 9 pounds :grin: I’ve been mostly sticking to 1 scoop of Huel for each meal and only adding cinnamon. For breakfast I do 2 tablespoons of instant coffee with 1 scoop of Huel and a cashew and almond milk blend. Everyday I snack on cherry tomatoes and celery. One of my biggest obstacles with my weight gain I had to hurdle was cutting out soda and sugary drinks. I now stick to just water, Powerade Zero and homemade orange hibiscus iced tea.

3 Likes

It shouldn’t be at all. There should be no soapy or metallic tastes at all. There many be some taste of sweetener the easiest way to dial this down is mixing with unflavoured and unsweetened Huel.

If you feel you have a bad batch or want some more help please let us know and one of the Customer Experience team will be able to help.

That’s fantastic Jordan, well done!

2 Likes

Weekly update: 4 more pounds lost this week. I’ve edited my post so that I could keep track of my progress since I’m only weighing myself weekly. So far I’m feeling great. It’s amazing how much better 13 pounds less feels. I received my batches of U/U and Vanilla and I am very happy with them.

4 Likes

19 lbs lost in my first month on Huel as a meal for 1-2 meals a day! So excited to be under 300 lbs! You’re next, 250!

10 Likes

30+days in on only Huel with a VERY occasional (3-4 times) Amy’s frozen Chinese meal, Pad Thai or plain popcorn if I felt compelled to eat a food. I cannot believe my energy level and overall feeling of well-being. My teeth stay cleaner and slick on the surface. I sleep MUCH better and through the night.

The ease of prep and transport makes a big difference in maintaining my best health. I had drunk about a dozen Soylent before and I had saved the plastic bottles. Now I use them to transport my Huel in a small cooler with one bottle of frozen water to keep it cool.

Challenges? I had digestive adjustments to make at the beginning because I found out I MAY NOT “CHUG” HUEL. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:I found magnesium citrate helped with the extreme constipation from that in one day and I have not chug-a-lugged my Huel since!! The taste continues to be unpleasant to me but as I said after day three, it is not a deterrent because I FEEL SO GREAT that there is no question I want to stay on my Huel regimen. I have not opened the U/U that came because I am using the bags in order so I still have some chocolate and berry to power through.

I am very grateful to have found Huel. I never feel hungry and I always feel strong and energetic.

4 Likes