Huel, exercise, and results

Pumpkin spice and eggnog would have been good!!

1 Like

tick, tick, tick Here’s your accountability reminder! Let’s hear it: where are you at today that’s better than before?

Where am I? Overweight, injured, and frustrated. But what’s better about today than yesterday? I’ve ordered a couple bags of Huel, have been doing research, and have formulated a plan for 2x Huel and the 16:8 diet. Now I need the Huel to arrive so I can get started. The day I start I’ll come back and post my stats as a starting point.

2 Likes

First, I’m sorry for your loss.

It’s November now. How are you doing? Have you continued with the Huel? I can relate to your post from the perspective of being in great shape and losing it. About 5 years ago I was in amazing shape. Running, could do 100 push-ups in one shot upon request (was doing a workout with 350 pushups across multiple sets, could do 7 pull-ups, and was in the best shape of my life. I suffered two injuries (1 leg and 1 shoulder) so suddenly all my normal exercising came to a grinding halt. That’s when the weight started coming back. I’m now 70 lbs up and horrified at where I am.

I haven’t started the Huel yet. I’m waiting for my shipment. But I’ve got hope and determination.

2 Likes

As of today, I’m at 189lbs, still 39lbs over where I want to be - but I can’t expect to be there in a day, it’s progress and I’m happy I’m still losing weight. I started a labor intensive job in early September and noticed I was very fatigued when consuming only Huel, so I upped my caloric intake to 2,200, which is still a 500 caloric deficit given my weight and activity. I do still drink Huel at work, but I like to supplement it with something else to avoid feeling fatigued. As of lately I’ve gotten into the habit of going to a small sub shop and getting a 5 inch sub and a plain oatmeal cookie. Still staying away from excess sugars and fats, but I do need more calories - especially at work. I haven’t had much time for exercise outside of work, although I’ve tracked my exercise through the iPhone health app and regularly walk over 10 miles and spend an average of 9.5-10 hours a day on my feet, which also includes heavy lifting and I’ve assumed this to be enough exercise.

Of course, this doesn’t compare to where I used to be, but I understand it’s one step at a time, there’s no harm in going slowly as long as I’m still going. I wish you the best of luck in your Huel journey and remember - Huel is just a tool to help you, a lot of the journey requires your own efforts.

2 Likes

I haven’t read this whole thread, but here are my results.

I ride a stationary bike 5 miles, in 30 minutes, five days a week.

I have four shakes per day, followed by a Healthy Choice Steamer for dinner.

According to my Fitbit, i usually have a 1500 to 2000 calorie deficit every day. I do “pig out” one day on the weekend, sometimes.

As of now, I’ve lost about 35 pounds, since the end of August.

I started Huel for the convenience and to stop eating fast food for breakfast and lunch. I didn’t really start it (or the bike) for weight loss, but it is certainly an added benefit!

1 Like

For me… I DID meet my goals with how many push ups, dips, pull ups, and pistol squats I can do. I also became able to touch the floor/my toes with my fingertips (reaching stretch style.). I also reached my goal of running 2 miles in 20 minutes.
Then I got sick for a week or so, and I didn’t exercise for… a while.
THEN, I exercised one day, and during my rest day my lower back area hurt, some muscle… so I could barely put my shoes on or get out of bed, for a few days.

I will soon exercise again regularly. I always have Huel for breakfast and lunch. On Tuesdays and Wednesdays I work longer hours so I have a Huel breakfast, and two Huels at work.

My exercising is mostly pull ups. dips, step ups or squats, calf raises, and running for twenty minutes. My new plan is to do full body exercise three times a week, and go running four times a week. I would like to lose a few pounds. But mostly my goals are just to be generally in better shape. I do like the pictures of before and after of some results people have, but I don’t know if I’ll ever get buff. But, I will get stronger.

2 Likes

Wow. I’m pretty sure the work you do in a day is much better than not exercising. Work is exercise for you. I just started huel and saw your earlier post. I was happy to see that you’re still at it and that things are going well for you. It sounds like you’ve had some challenges, but it sounds like you have found a balanced routine that works for you!