Terrible Customer Experience

Huel Staff,

I think you have a great opportunity to build an amazing company, BUT…

Right now your customer experience is TERRIBLE.

What’s with you guys sending out a UPS Tracking Number, yet even after a day of having received it UPS hasn’t even received any package to be shipped. All you did was create a shipping label that triggered your system to send out the “your items have shipped” emails. My items haven’t shipped… Huel hasn’t even dropped off any order with UPS to be delivered.

Come on guys, this is a terrible way to treat your customers. Obviously, that was done to “buy more time” for the delay on my order (which was originally placed almost 2 weeks ago).

You guys really need to be MORE HONEST in what the delays are when people should be expecting their orders or it’s going to destroy your reputation and business.

1 Like

Hi John,

We truly apologize that your experience has been so frustrating thus far. This is not at all the experience we want for our customers and we are dedicated to consistently improving as we continue to grow.

In regards to the UPS tracking number, I can’t speak to the status of your order just yet. I’ve private messaged you for order information, so I can get to the bottom of this for you. Keep in mind that there are times that UPS doesn’t show movement for up to 72 hours after an item has shipped. I’ve seen customers on the forum say that they’ve had success in tracking shipments using My Choice UPS if you want to give that a try.

Again, our sincere apologies for the inconvenience. Once I get your order information, we can figure out what’s going on. :+1:

Best,

Teresa

1 Like

“Keep in mind that there are times that UPS doesn’t show movement for up to 72 hours after an item has shipped.”

Teresa, this is completely UNTRUE and not sure who told you that. UPS is one of the largest logistics companies in the world. My own company has worked with UPS for years. Any boxes delivered to a UPS facility, or picked up by a driver, are scanned and become a part of their LIVE tracking system right away. The only thing that would keep this from happening is if a box was lost or stolen. There’s definitely no such thing as “UPS doesn’t show movements for up to 72 hours.” Their REAL-TIME tracking system is state of the art. Any parcel that goes through them for delivery is entered into the system AND scanned at every point of contact – every distribution center, every vehicle, every step.

2 Likes

Hi John,

To be fair, I can’t guarantee that is the exact case as I don’t work for UPS, but we have seen this happen with customers recently, which is why I thought it might be best if you try UPS My Choice instead. It’s a free UPS tracking service that other Huelers on the forum have spoken highly of in the off chance you were to encounter an issue with your tracking.

I have looked up your order and I can confirm that your order has been processed and is ready to ship, which is why it has the tracking number but shows no movement. As we are working to get through our backorders from a recent inventory delay, this has slowed down our shipping process. However, we are working diligently to ship deliveries out as fast as possible, so you should see updated shipping info within 24-48 hours.

Teresa,

I understand that, and thanks for the update on my order.

However… a customer shouldn’t receive a “your items have shipped” email like I received yesterday if in fact my order hasn’t shipped. A tracking number means nothing if a label was created for a box but the box wasn’t actually given to UPS to deliver. Someone at Huel USA needs to correct that. It’s just a very poor customer experience to have the customer continue to refresh the tracking number on UPS’ site only to see that the package has not yet even been dropped off or picked up by UPS yet.

3 Likes

I agree with you 100% John. To receive a tracking number and act like it’s shipped when it says order ready for processing for 4-7 days. When it says shipped that means its in the hands of the carrier and on it’s way not order ready for processing.

2 Likes

I can’t speak to the general discussion here, but I can vouch for ups not updating. same for usps and fedex. I’ve received packages while it still says it’s in another state. not saying that is actually what is happening, just saying it can happen.

It sounds like their communication is lacking moreso than their service.

They really should have a disclaimer on their main site while they’re going through stock shortages. Give everyone a notice of potential delay before they have a chance to even buy. Taper our expectations.

However, i will say, teresa has habdled both my very minor gripes and each time I was satisfied with how she handled it.

Be patient, you’ve got a solid product headed to you when it finally ships.

2 Likes

I have the same issue my order said shipped on Monday and it says that UPS hasn’t even received it yet through the tracking. I understand you are back ordered, but you shouldn’t charge a customer until the item is shipped. My card has never been processed before shipment. I hope y’all work out the bugs and I actually get to try Huel at some point. Asking for subscriptions at this point is hilarious to me y’all can’t even get me my first package on time. I bought this stuff to replace me buying lunches at this rate it looks like I’m out $60 and I still have to buy lunches because it’s “been shipped” I expected to look at tracking today after receiving the it’s been shipped and see it at least close. To my state. The least y’all could do is throw in an extra shaker for everyone that is being delayed. Order# 12834

1 Like

At least your getting a tracking number when I emailed them to get one they replied with the same automated email information about the delays they are having. I was charged on Oct. 16th but I have yet to get any shipping information or any information about my order. This company is honestly feeling more like they are slowly trying to scam people by not shipping their product after they already charge their customers. I’d be okay if I got an email confirming I have been charged and my order has been shipped. Along with a tracking number in the same email proving that it has in fact been sent to UPS on the same day they processed my payment. Otherwise, it feels like they are just stealing from us.
By the time I get my order they will have charged me again for my subscription and I’ll still not have my first order. Let alone how I’ve had to spend additional money on food to make up for the delay. Huel was my replacement for most of my meals until this company started to fall apart.

Shmoo,

In all fairness, they’re not falling apart, they’re EXPLODING WITH DEMAND.

They’ve created an amazing product and now they are dealing with some growing pains of their growth.

2 Likes

I disagree, I think they are falling apart because of how they are dealing with this exploding demand. They are taking care of their problems caused by this demand very unprofessionally. If this continues to be a problem it will cause the company to fall apart due to customers leaving since they are paying for a product yet not receiving that product. Add to their supply problem is the fact that their customer service is complete garbage, this company is going from a good business to one that is falling apart and becoming a bad business.
Don’t get me wrong, I want to see Huel grow and thrive as I love their product and had been replacing most of my meals with it. It’s just hard to support and buy from a company that has horrible customer service and can’t even send out proper emails with tracking numbers or updates on orders. I’ve received two orders so far (before the delay) and both orders I had to reply back to the email requesting a tracking number and more information about my order. I’ve never received a “your order has shipped” email that has tracking info and such. The emails I have gotten are cold and unprofessional, with the exception of the one I got after I had complained from John Laun, the country manager for the USA market.
So yes, the company, at least their America branch, is slowly falling apart but they are fighting to fix it, I hope.

Too much business is better than too little Imo. They are a lot more popular than expected. They will catch up and this will all of just been a small hurdle.

My shipment finally got filled today. I ordered on the 7th. Hope I enjoy it lol.

3 Likes

Hi Alexander, I’m truly sorry that your experience has been disappointing and frustrating so far. I can assure you that this is certainly not the experience we want our customers to have and we are dedicated to improving as we continue to grow. We have recently launched in the US and the initial response has been incredible, but as others have mentioned, has definitely come with its share of growing pains. Without a doubt, our team is committed to helping Huel exceed its potential here in the states, while also providing a top quality product and experience. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused for you.

Currently, your order has not been processed yet, so I am unable to provide a tracking number at this time. As mentioned by @KingPoacher, we are currently working our way through orders on a first in first out basis and your order will be fulfilled as soon as possible. If you need us to pause your subscription due to the inventory delay, let me know and we can do that for you. :relaxed: If there are any other ways I can be of assistance, don’t hesitate to reach out.

1 Like