Bowel Movements?

Hopefully this won’t be seen as crass, but how do you find your bowel movements once fully on Huel? I just ordered my first bag. I’ve had issues with too solid (while on certain medications) and too loose (with other diet changes) so I’m wondering if eating all shakes will alllw a firm BM?

Hi Jobie, you’re certainly not the first person to ask this question. Huel is higher in fiber than most food we typically eat, but this includes soluble and insoluble fibers, meaning your stools should be normal and regular. As with any dietary change, it’s best to ease your body into it before going 100%.

3 Likes

I wondered the same thing. A couple weeks after almost exclusively Huel, with mainly just a bowl of soup for dinner, I had a rather large BM. I thought, has all that been inside me all this time or is it the Huel? I guess I expected next to nothing to be coming out, that my body would be using all the nutrients. I still feel fabulous, much better than BH (before Huel). :wink:

2 Likes

For anyone else reading, after a few weeks in id say my BMs are more regular and generally better the days I’m all Huel.

2 Likes

My BMs are also more regular and healthy when I’m using all Huel, or at least 2 out of 3 meals a day being Huel. I generally go off Huel at the weekends and while I enjoy eating a variety of things, I don’t enjoy the BMs after that!

Wow, this is the first time I’ve ever discussed my bowels in a public forum. Fun.

6 Likes